What you need before you start
- Your Bell Aliant e-mail address and password. If you do not know your Bell Aliant e-mail address or password, contact us.
Follow these easy steps
- Verify that you can connect to the Internet and that the mail server was not temporarily unavailable, by browsing to a few websites (www.cbc.ca, www.tsn.ca, etc)
- Check that your email is set up correctly
- Login to http://webmail.bellaliant.net to ensure you are using the proper e-mail address and password
- Send an e-mail to yourself - this is an important step to determine whether the issue you are experiencing is with individual e-mail or with the configuration of your e-mail client. If you receive the test email, the configuration is ok.
- The receiver is having technical difficulties on their end, such as a full mailbox, check the automatic reply that gets returned for a specific error message.
- Be sure to verify the integrity of the e-mail address of the individual you are sending to, including spelling and proper syntax (example - email@example.com).
- Verify that you have a valid e-mail address entered in for your reply-to or e-mail address field within your e-mail application. If you have an invalid e-mail address, such as first..firstname.lastname@example.org (note the two dots) entered in as your e-mail address.
- Reboot computer and try to send/receive e-mail again